The Organic Muslin Flat Diaper/Insert can be both your diaper insert and flat diaper just like the name suggests. When folded into a strip, they make a very absorbent liner that can keep moisture for several hours. Hence they are suitable liners for the night when diaper is not checked and changed very often.
Use these as a newborn flat diaper or as an extra pad on top of the brushed cotton liner for heavy wetters or overnight. They also make excellent burp clothes.
Muslin diapers, 80 x 80 cm
Care Instructions: Pre-wash your muslin diapers 3-5 times to achieve full absorbency. Some shrinkage can be expected.
Made in Germany
What Disana Diaper System Includes:
1. Organic Cotton Knitted Diaper: Soft organic cotton flat diaper with ties that easily wraps and ties on the baby without pins or Velcro. One size fits babies from birth to potty. Use these with the Brushed Cotton Liners as a booster pad and a Knitted Wool Diaper Cover.
2. Brushed Cotton Liners: Beautifully soft square of brushed cotton that is folded into a narrow strip and used as an absorbent pad inside the diaper. Use these as a folded pad inside the Knitted Tie on Diaper.
3. Merino Wool Diaper Cover: Soft absorbent and leak proof wool diaper cover that goes over the diaper allowing the skin to breathe. Brilliant overnight, contains wee and doesn't smell in the morning like many other diaper covers.
4. Muslin Diaper / Liner: Squares of double thickness muslin cloth in organic cotton that are super absorbent as newborn flat diapers or as a very absorbent liner, especially good for night use as a booster for the diaper. Use these as a flat diaper or as an extra pad on top of the brushed cotton liner for heavy wetters or overnight.
5. Raw Silk Liners - organic silk liners for sensitive bottoms and to help clear up any instances of diaper rash, soft and cooling to the skin. Use these on top of the brushed cotton liner as a soothing cloth against the baby's skin.
6. Organic Fitted Diaper - an organic cotton shaped diaper that is sized to fit with Velcro fastener and elastic leg bands (S, M, L). Use these with a folded Brushed Cotton Liner or Muslin diaper square. Especially good for outings made up ready to go with the liner inside.
How Disana Diaper System Works:
Step 1: Lay out diaper and liner as shown - fold the diaper at the ties with the narrow half on top of wider half with ties at the front. Place the brushed cotton liner folded in thirds on top of the nappy. If your baby is very small you can adjust the length of the nappy by folding in the wider end
Step 2: Lay the baby on the diaper as shown with belly button in line with the top of the nappy
Step 3: Pull up the liner between the legs, then fold the two wider sides of the diaper into the middle around the hips
Step 4: Pull up the lower flap with the ties between the legs and cross the ties of the diaper around the baby's back bringing them to the front.
Step 5: Tie up in a bow. By folding the top flap you can adjust the size of the diaper if need be. The fine knitted fabric give the diaper a comfortable elasticity so that it fits snugly but the baby is not restricted.
Step 6: The woolen diaper cover is then pulled over the diaper. The soft ribbing around the waist and legs hold the pants firmly but gently in place.
After a couple of diaper changes this will all soon become second nature. It really is a very simple diaper to use.
When diaper is wet or soiled:
Remove any solids into the toilet and place cotton diaper and liner in a mesh laundry bag or inside a diaper bucket